Part 2 of 2-part Ed Slott IRA, 401(k), 403(b) 457, & Pension Class
Wed, October 18 from 1:30-3:00p.m. or 6:30-8:00p.m.
2-part Ed Slott IRA, 401(k), 403(b) 457, & Pension Class
Wed, October 11 and 18 from 1:30-3:00p.m. or 6:30-8:00p.m.
Tues, November 7 and 14 from 1:30-3:00p.m. or 6:30-8:00p.m.
If you own an IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, or pension plan, and you are retired or plan to retire, attend our 2-part IRA Class based on Ed Slott's book, “Retirement Decisions Guide, 125 Ways to Save & Stretch Your Wealth.” Ed Slott was called “The Best” source for IRA advice by The Wall Street Journal.
- How and why to rollover a 401(k), 403(b), 457, and pension to an IRA.
- The new IRA rules spelled out. Which IRA is right for you?
- Setting achievable retirement-savings goals. Ways to help boost IRA savings.
- How to setup a Stretch IRA for children and grandchildren.
- Five must-have estate-planning documents. IRA inheritance issues.
- Know the Roth IRA loopholes, weighing a Roth IRA conversion, when to re-characterize a Roth IRA.
- Required minimum distribution (RMD) timing and calculations for you and your beneficiaries.
- Social Security's possible increase for delaying benefits.
- How to coordinate IRA withdrawals with Social Security income. Which should you take first and at what age?
- What you need to know about the two latest major tax laws & how they will affect tax & retirement planning moving forward.
You will receive the book and an optional follow-up meeting to discuss your financial questions and our recommendations.
Thomas T. Riquier, CFP, CLU, member of Ed Slott's Master Elite IRA Advisor Group and President of The Retirement Financial Center, will lead this 2-part IRA Class at the Barn, 10 Liberty St., Danvers.
Part I: Chapters 1-3 and Part II: Chapters 4-8
Click to enlarge
This $12.95 booklet will be given to all attendees.
Ed Slott's NEW Public Television program Retirement Road Map, helps viewers navigate the potholes, detours and road blocks to a fun and prosperous retirement.Ed Slott was called "The Best" source for IRA advice by The Wall Street Journal.
Social Security Class
Wed, November 15 from 1:30-3:00p.m. or 6:30-8:00p.m.
If you will be eligible for Social Security Retirement Benefits in the near future, we recommend that you attend our Class to learn about your Social Security benefits and how they affect your retirement and pre-retirement planning decisions. This is one of the most important irrevocable financial decisions you will make in your life!
- Social Security eligibility requirements, and at what age should you apply for maximum benefits.
- When, how, and should you apply for benefits to maximize your income while you are working.
- Every year you delay collecting, you receive a possible increase due to the delayed retirement credit.
- Calculation of spousal benefits while your spouse is alive and after your spouse has passed away.
- Should you continue to work and/or collect your pension while receiving Social Security?
- How does divorce or widowhood affect Social Security benefits?
Attendees will receive a Social Security Benefit analysis and meeting to discuss your choices.
Fixed Indexed Annuity Class
Thurs, October 19 from 1:30-3:00p.m. or 6:30-8:00p.m.
Thurs, November 16 from 1:30-3:00p.m. or 6:30-8:00p.m.
As life expectancies increase, the need for lifetime income that you can never outlive is important. A fixed indexed annuity guarantees that you will never lose any of your initial investment. Join us at this information-packed Class to learn about fixed indexed annuities as a retirement income planning strategy.
Gifting, Trusts and Other Tools for Estate Planning and Asset Protection
Tues, October 24 from 1:30-3:00p.m. or 6:30-8:00p.m.
Learn ways to protect your home and other assets from nursing home expenses through proper estate and trust design. Our Featured Speaker is Ronald R. Kearns, Elder Law Attorney. He brings a unique focus to Elder Law, advising on care needs and developing the Estate and Medicaid Plan based on those needs. This complimentary class will explore:
- Estate planning and asset preservation
- Legal documents: health care proxy, durable power of attorney, will, deed with retained life estate, and various types of trusts
- Long term care and Medicaid planning
- Accessing various benefits and programs to pay for care options.
- Preparing and executing living documents for possible incapacity
IRA Inheritance Trust Class
Thurs, October 25 from 1:30-3:00p.m. or 6:30-8:00p.m.
Thurs, November 9 from 1:30-3:00p.m. or 6:30-8:00p.m.
This special IRA class will feature Thomas T. Riquier, CFP, CLU and Attorney Paul Bernstein, a Board Certified Estate Planning Law Specialist.*
If you own an IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457 Plan or Lump Sum Pension, this class is for you. As a result of the new IRS "stretch" rules, your IRAs may well become the largest asset you pass on to your beneficiaries! The "stretch" is not automatic and advance planning is required to use it properly for your heirs.
In this information-packed class you will learn how a NEW separate IRA Inheritance Trust will help you.
Control and protection of the money are the main objectives:
- Assure that your beneficiaries take advantage of the maximum income tax "stretch" and allow your IRA to compound income tax-deferred for generations
- Pass your IRA to your children and/or your grandchildren - Income tax-free.
- Protect your loved ones from losing your IRA to a divorce, lawsuit, creditors, government claims
- Prevent beneficiaries with poor money-management skills from squandering the money
- Post-Death Trust Implementation: Do Not Move the IRA into a Trust
Thomas T. Riquier, CFP, Ed Slott Master Elite IRA Advisor Group member, will use Ed Slott's book Retirement Decisions Guide, 125 Ways to Save & Stretch Your Wealth, to examine various IRA beneficiary considerations. Ed Slott was called "The Best" source for IRA advice by the Wall Street Journal. Attendees will recieve a complementary book
*as certified by the Estate Law Specialist Board, Inc, the only American Bar Association accredited certification of an attorney as an Estate Planning Law Specialist
Medicare Supplement Plans Class
If you will be eligible for Medicare in the near future, we recommend that you attend our Class to learn about your options. Medicare information will be presented to help you choose the best Supplement Plan vs Medicare Advantage Plans. Also, when you should move to other Medicare Supplement Plans as your medical needs and medications change.
What Should I Do With My Old IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, and Pension Accounts that are just sitting static and not being managed?
You have 4 options:
- Rollover the accounts into a Master IRA account.
- Leave them where they are now.
- Roll them into the new company plan.
- Take them now as a Lump Sum Distribution.
This Class will help you understand the positive and negative aspects of each of these options. We all understand that doing nothing and not having these accounts invested correctly will not help us retire when we want to retire. Come and learn how to properly plan for your retirement!
Register for a Class
Call 978-777-5000, ext. 146 for more information or to register. Or use the registration form below: