Social Security Class
If you will be eligible for Social Security Retirement Benefits in the near future, we recommend that you attend our Class to learn about your Social Security benefits and how they affect your retirement and pre-retirement planning decisions. This is one of the most important irrevocable financial decisions you will make in your life!
- Social Security eligibility requirements, and at what age should you apply for maximum benefits.
- When, how, and should you apply for benefits to maximize your income while you are working.
- Every year you delay collecting, you receive a possible increase due to the delayed retirement credit.
- Calculation of spousal benefits while your spouse is alive and after your spouse has passed away.
- Should you continue to work and/or collect your pension while receiving Social Security?
- How does divorce or widowhood affect Social Security benefits?
Attendees will receive a Social Security Benefit analysis and meeting to discuss your choices.
Fixed Indexed Annuity Class
As life expectancies increase, the need for lifetime income that you can never outlive is important. A fixed indexed annuity guarantees that you will never lose any of your initial investment. Join us at this information-packed Class to learn about fixed indexed annuities as a retirement income planning strategy.
Gifting, Trusts and Other Tools for Estate Planning and Asset Protection
Learn ways to protect your home and other assets from nursing home expenses through proper estate and trust design. Our Featured Speaker is Ronald R. Kearns, Elder Law Attorney. He brings a unique focus to Elder Law, advising on care needs and developing the Estate and Medicaid Plan based on those needs. This complimentary class will explore:
- Estate planning and asset preservation
- Legal documents: health care proxy, durable power of attorney, will, deed with retained life estate, and various types of trusts
- Long term care and Medicaid planning
- Accessing various benefits and programs to pay for care options.
- Preparing and executing living documents for possible incapacity
IRA Inheritance Trust Class
This special IRA class will feature Thomas T. Riquier, CFP, CLU and Attorney Paul Bernstein, a Board Certified Estate Planning Law Specialist.*
If you own an IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457 Plan or Lump Sum Pension, this class is for you. As a result of the new IRS "stretch" rules, your IRAs may well become the largest asset you pass on to your beneficiaries! The "stretch" is not automatic and advance planning is required to use it properly for your heirs.
In this information-packed class you will learn how a NEW separate IRA Inheritance Trust will help you.
Control and protection of the money are the main objectives:
- Assure that your beneficiaries take advantage of the maximum income tax "stretch" and allow your IRA to compound income tax-deferred for generations
- Pass your IRA to your children and/or your grandchildren - Income tax-free.
- Protect your loved ones from losing your IRA to a divorce, lawsuit, creditors, government claims
- Prevent beneficiaries with poor money-management skills from squandering the money
- Post-Death Trust Implementation: Do Not Move the IRA into a Trust
*as certified by the Estate Law Specialist Board, Inc, the only American Bar Association accredited certification of an attorney as an Estate Planning Law Specialist
Medicare Supplement Plans Class
If you will be eligible for Medicare in the near future, we recommend that you attend our Class to learn about your options. Medicare information will be presented to help you choose the best Supplement Plan vs Medicare Advantage Plans. Also, when you should move to other Medicare Supplement Plans as your medical needs and medications change.
What Should I Do With My Old IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, and Pension Accounts that are just sitting static and not being managed?
You have 4 options:
- Rollover the accounts into a Master IRA account.
- Leave them where they are now.
- Roll them into the new company plan.
- Take them now as a Lump Sum Distribution.
This Class will help you understand the positive and negative aspects of each of these options. We all understand that doing nothing and not having these accounts invested correctly will not help us retire when we want to retire. Come and learn how to properly plan for your retirement!
This communication is strictly intended for individuals residing in the states listed below. No offers may be made or accepted from any resident outside the specific state(s) referenced. A broker-dealer, Registered Investment Adviser, BD agent, or Investment Advisor Representative may only transact business in a state if first registered appropriately. Follow-up, individualized responses to persons in a state by such a firm or individual that involve either effecting or attempting to effect transactions in securities, or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, will not be made without first complying with appropriate registration requirements.
For information concerning the licensing status or disciplinary history of a broker-dealer, registered investment adviser, BD agent, or IA representative, a consumer should contact his or her state securities law administrator. Securities and advisory services offered through United Planners Financial Services of America. A Limited Partnership. Member FINRA/SIPC. The Retirement Financial Center and United Planners are not affiliated. Investment products and services available only to residents of: Arizona (AZ), California (CA), Colorado (CO), District of Columbia (DC), Florida (FL), Georgia (GA), Illinois (IL), Massachusetts (MA), Maryland (MD), Maine (ME), Minnesota (MN), New Hampshire (NH), Nevada (NV), New York (NY), Virginia (VA).
Register for a Class
Call 978-777-5000, ext. 146 for more information or to register. Or use the registration form below: